I'm a greedy, shallow and materialistic 29 yr old who only wants... wants... wants... so many things but can't have! have!! have!!! This blog is just a therapeutic way of venting my materialistic-frustrations by posting the many cool things i see everyday and wish i had. Feel free to donate any sum for the "cause".

Friday, September 08, 2006

Mountain biking shoes

During my last bike trip around Jerusalem, i found myself huffing and puffing during the first uphill while my friend Miriam just cruised through the climb. Maybe it's "partially" because of me not being fit, blah-blah-blah and all that. But the fact is, all things equal Miriam kicked my ass on uphills.

Now that last sentence was rather interesting because on hind-sight, not all things were really equal. Miriam actually wore mountain biking shoes that clips on the pedals which allows you to use the power of your legs when pulling up. This is opposed to plain sneakers that only relies on the push down power during pedaling. Had i had a pair of mountain biking shoes as well, then with all things equal now, I would have been at the top of the climb with turkish coffee wating for her by the time she arrived.

Excuses aside now, i have finally found the reason why i want to score me a pair of Adidas MTB's for my next biking trip. So i dropped by the newly opened Adidas store at the Tel-Aviv pier and began my research on the different types of shoes available.



After a brief comparisson of the different models I've managed to narrow my choice to two models that I believe will suit my biking discipline: the Marathon or the Durango. I guess from here it all comes down to the price comparisson of both models but i must say... Me likes them both!

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home