I'm a greedy, shallow and materialistic 29 yr old who only wants... wants... wants... so many things but can't have! have!! have!!! This blog is just a therapeutic way of venting my materialistic-frustrations by posting the many cool things i see everyday and wish i had. Feel free to donate any sum for the "cause".

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

External HD - 160GB

Recently i found myself needing to back-up my hard drive as it's already reaching its limit of 80GB mainly because of my digital pics. Burning DVD's is such a hassle and with web2.0, it makes things accesible from anywhere. However I found myself ending up in a dilema on whether i should open a Pro account in one of these online storage sites (ie: flickr, photobucket, box.net, etc.) and when i do open one, whether it should be for pic files only or other file types as well.

After weighing the pros and cons of these sites, i came to the conclusion that i don't need either as i'll become dependent on the site and if one day i decide that i don't want their service anymore, i'll lose all my files. So what i do need is another HD that i can just carry around.


After confering with IT, what i needed to buy was an external HD IDE case with USB2.0 support (Firewire optional) and power supply then buy a 160GB HD preferably Western Digital separately. It comes out cheaper by doing it this way plus you learn how to assemble your own HD which will come in handy one day. I just need to make sure that i assemble the parts properly less i want this piece of machinery to go up in flames.



I must say that this is something that definitely Me Likes and would definitely like to get one. Feel free to order one and send it my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home