I'm a greedy, shallow and materialistic 29 yr old who only wants... wants... wants... so many things but can't have! have!! have!!! This blog is just a therapeutic way of venting my materialistic-frustrations by posting the many cool things i see everyday and wish i had. Feel free to donate any sum for the "cause".

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Travel Bag

To kick off with my passion for wanting so many things but just don't have the $$$ to get them... and starting a criminal record isn't something I want to add to my list of accolades (very short list) though i should really consider a career change if want to have everything.
At any rate, i recently discovered that I'll be going to a business trip in London for the AdTech Conference this September '06, which actually is quite a show for the online advertising industry (cool!).

As you may not know, the dress code at my office doesn't involve wearing a suit and tie but thank God i still own one nonetheless for special occasions such as European weddings (see pic) or a rainy day such as this trip for example.

It suddenly dawned on me that i don't have a suit bag for which i can carry my precious suite in. So i frantically searched everywhere (4 shops actually) looking for the perfect luggage that can carry enough clothes for a short business trip and my bloody (ahem: precious) suit.

Finally after checking out a local bag shoppe next to work, I came across a potential winner, something worth... coveting.

Meet the Travel Pro Platinum 5 - Expandable Rollerboard Suiter.
Sounds impressive no? well it is! This is exactly what I'm looking for when i want to pack and travel for a short period and be able to bring with me the essentials i need. It's made of some ballistic nylon material that makes it durable and water proof (not that i'll swim the English Channel with it). it's got easy access pockets in the front and back and can expand an extra 30% when i come with my shopping.




Click on the buttons to go through the pics

When you open it, it's got a removal sleeve where i can neatly put my suit in and tuck it back into its compartment. there's a lot of room for my stuff as well as multiple mesh pockets for bits and pieces even for shoes. There's also a removable hanging "wet pocket" (personal kit i call it) for all my hygiene stuff which i pretty much fancy.


All in all, this is definitely something i'd recommend to others and like to buy and as well if it weren't for the price tag. Check out the pics below and maybe you'll see it and note that the price is in shekels ($1 = 4.4 shekels)






Click the link below for more info.

Update! 9/1/06

So i walked around my street and came across a suitcase shop which i decided to check out what they have to offer. They had all sorts of brands one of which were Delsey's which is like the RollsRoyce of suitcases and costs an arm and leg and half a kidney.

To make a long story short, i asked what they got for suitcases that has room for a suit and they showed me a 24" Airport brand suitcase and as you can see below exactly what it offers. The suit goes in the flap on the side of the door of the case.



















It's pretty much what you see is what you get thus it's half price of the TravelPro. i wanted to check out other cases but the salesman was rather rude and unhelpful so screw them! i'll just take my business elsewhere.

After checking the TravelPro site again, i found out that they have other models of the Rollaboard Suiter type. i'm gonna go back to the shop and found out if i can order a cheaper model.

Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home